Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). Ashland University offers a comprehensive 24-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.
This position reports to the Director of Athletics and the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
This position will work with the head strength and conditioning coach to develop training plans for AU’s varsity athletic programs. The assistant coach will be assigned to numerous teams and will direct and oversee their strength and conditioning programs. This position will help evaluate student-athletes and teams in all areas of strength and conditioning.
Working in concert with the head strength and conditioning coach and the athletic training staff this position will work to educate student-athletes in areas such as nutrition, injury prevention, injury rehabilitation, mental health and overall well-being.
Under the direction of the head strength and conditioning coach this position will help supervise weight room facilities in Kates Gymnasium and the Troop Center. This position will help make regular checks of the facilities and be involved in ordering equipment and in the upkeep and evaluation of current equipment.
The position requires being current with trends and general practices in strength and conditioning. The position will attend workshops, clinics and forums in an effort to stay current in the field.
The assistant coach will direct the strength and conditioning office when the head coach is off campus.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree preferred.
- Applicants must have CSCS certification and CPR/AED certification.
- Candidates should possess strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Applicants should have the ability to work with student-athletes and coaches in a one-on-one setting and be comfortable speaking to groups of various sizes.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations along with GMAC rules and regulations is required.
- The ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires some travel and non-traditional hours