Location: Franklin, MA Category: Athletics Posted On: Wed Jan 5 2022 Job Description:
The Athletic Department at Dean College has an opening for a Head Coach of Women’s Field Hockey and Assistant Women’s Lacrosse coach This is a full-time, 10-month position.
The Head Coach for Field Hockey is responsible for all aspects of the Field Hockey program, such as teaching skill techniques, recruiting, budget management, and scheduling of opponents.
Head Women’s Field Hockey Coach Essential Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
- Recruit student-athletes that align with the mission of the College.
- Instruct the Women’s Field Hockey team members on both offensive and defensive tactics and strategies.
- Provide oversight of staff and team members as it relates to following all GNAC, NCAA and Dean College policies and regulations.
- Organize and schedule all team practice sessions.
- Promote, monitor, and facilitate student-athlete academic success.
- Schedule home and away contests with the approval of the Director of Athletics.
- Perform administrative tasks such as budget management, reconciliation of travel expenses, and the ordering of supplies and equipment for the women’s basketball program.
- Represent Dean College and the Women’s Field Hockey program in a professional manner.
- Must have planning, organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assistant Coach Women’s Lacrosse Coach Essential Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist in the implementation of the sport training and instructional program under the direction of the head coach by providing sport skill instruction, assisting in the conduct of practice sessions, performing game-related duties, and motivating players to give their best efforts.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes effectively as assigned by and under the direction of the head coach.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the personal and academic development, as well as athletic progress, of student-athletes.
- Efficiently and effectively complete all assignments provided by the head coach.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Master’s degree preferred;
- 2-3 years in coaching at the collegiate level;
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations;
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required;
- Excellent oral and written skills and the ability to communicate with students, colleagues, and external constituents;
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex and multiple tasks in a professional and efficient manner.
- Covid-19 Booster shot required
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis.