Duke University is seeking a qualified candidate for the Assistant Field Hockey Coach Position. This position will assist the Head Coach with the organizing, planning and coaching of the Duke Field Hockey program.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior coaching experience preferably at the Division I level required
- A commitment to knowing and complying with NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of intercollegiate sports operations
- Ability to travel extensively during the recruiting process
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and diverse university setting
The assistant coach instructs and teaches the fundamentals of Field Hockey technique and strategy. This position will assist with duties including but not limited to: recruitment of student-athletes, travel planning, equipment maintenance, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.