Field Hockey Canada is excited to invite nominations for the upcoming 2021 class of Hall of Fame Inductees. Please see below for nomination criteria. Visit our resources below for more information. Nominations are open until October 31, 2021.
The Field Hockey Canada Hall of Fame was created in 2014 to recognize those who have made a significant contribution to the sport of field hockey in Canada. The Field Hockey Canada Hall of Fame Committee was established by the FHC Board of Directors to lead the activities of the FHC Hall of Fame.
Nominations will be accepted in the categories of Athlete, Coach, Official, Team and Builder.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or have lived in Canada for over 25 years.
- Must demonstrate exemplary values and personal characteristics.
- Must have made a defining contribution to the sport of field hockey and/or indoor hockey in Canada
Additionally, Nominees will be assessed according to the specific criteria established for each category as follows:
- Retired from playing at the international level for at least five years
- Attained a significant record of achievement on the field of play while playing for Canada
- Brought honour and recognition to Canada both on and off the field of play
- Played for Canada in the Olympic Games, the World Cup, Pan Am Games, Commonwealth Games or other high level international competition.
- Through dedicated efforts and expertise over a period of at least five years raised the Canadian team performance significantly in international competition.
- Recognized as a leader in the sport of field hockey both internationally and domestically.
- Provided leadership to the development of high-performance coaches in Canada over a period of at least four years.
- Coached Canadian teams in the Olympic Games, World Cups, Pan Am Games, Commonwealth Games or other high-level competitions.
- Recognized for expertise as an outstanding umpire or technical official at the international level for a period of more than five years
- Been appointed as an official for at least 75 international matches including the Olympic Games, World Cups, Pan Am Games, Commonwealth Games or other high level competitions
- Provided strong leadership to the development of top level international officials in Canada over a period of at least four years.
- Contributed significantly and extraordinarily to the growth and development of Canadian field hockey over at least a 10 year period
- A Builder may be active or inactive to be considered and will be evaluated on contributions and impact.
To be nominated in the Team Category, a team shall have achieved an outstanding placing in a Continental or World level competition relative to previous Canadian performances, thereby making a defining contribution to the development of competitive hockey in Canada
HOW TO MAKE A NOMINATION
There are 4 steps to making a nomination:
- Complete the nomination form
- submit the CV of the nominee
- submit the letter of support form
- any additional information you feel will support the application