Gettysburg College, in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, is seeking an experienced professional for a full-time position as Head Field Hockey Coach. The College seeks candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues and community members.
Gettysburg is an undergraduate liberal arts and sciences college, which enrolls approximately 2,600 primarily residential students. The College is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who has a strong administrative, collaborative and student-focused background to serve in this position.
The primary responsibility of the Head Field Hockey Coach is to provide exceptional leadership, organization, administration and supervision of all aspects of a Division III field hockey program. The head coach will:
- recruit and retain highly qualified student-athletes with a commitment to academic success;
- implement a comprehensive strategy for leading the program, including but not limited to scheduling and organizing practices and competitions, including team travel to ensure proper preparation for student-athletes;
- manage operational, fiscal and administrative responsibilities of the field hockey program;
- demonstrate a high level of involvement in the personal, academic development and health and welfare of student-athletes;
- support the offices of Donor Relations, Alumni Relations and Parent Relations with fundraising efforts and alumni activities;
- work cooperatively with department offices, including athletic communications, athletic training and equipment room staffs in regard to public relations efforts, practice coordination, health and safety of student-athletes and team uniform/equipment needs; additional collaboration with summer conferences;
- hiring and supervising assistant coach(es);
- additional administrative responsibilities may be assigned by the Executive Director Athletics and Campus Recreation.
The Head Field Hockey Coach is a 12-month, full-time, administrative appointment reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Athletics. Salary is commensurate with experience and complemented by an excellent benefits package.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will:
- have earned a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree is preferred;
- have a recommended five to seven years of successful collegiate coaching experience, preferably as a head coach or coordinator;
- have the ability to work effectively in the environment of an academically demanding liberal arts institution and abide by all NCAA Division III, Centennial Conference and institutional policies;
- be proficient with technology applications applicable to the position;
- maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record in accordance with all institutional policies;
Special Instructions Summary
For full consideration, please submit application materials by Friday, April 29, 2022.
Posting Number : 20100742A