England are ready for their 3rd consecutive World Cup semi final match against 1st time semi-finalist Belgium in the semi-finals of the Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup
World Cup Appearence
- England are into a third consecutive World Cup semi final. They lost the previous two to Australia (2014) and Germany (2010).
- This is the first World Cup semi-final in Belgium’s history, with their previous best performance being the 5th place achieved four years ago in The Hague.
Head to Head
In World Cups, these two teams have played each other three times, with England winning two and Belgium victorious in the other.
- 2014, The Hague: England 3-2 Belgium
- 1978: Buenos Aires: England 0-1 Belgium
- 1973: Amstelveen: England 5-2 Belgium
- England : Harry Martin is set to play his 200th combined appearances for England and Great Britain
- Belgium : Arthur Van Doren is set to play his 150th appearances for Belgium.