For an entire fortnight every four years, the Hockey World Cup dominates the Hockey spotlight. And for both die-hard or fair-weather Hockey fans cheering on their country, it’s an electrifying two weeks. If you can’t be there in person, here is how you can watch the 2018 Hockey World Cup via TV and live streams — and everything else you need to know.
- What: Odisha Hockey World Cup 2018
- When: November 28th – December 16th 2018
- Where: Bhubaneswar, India
- Channels in Asia: Fox Sports Asia, Star Sports, Doordarshan, Astro, Sony, MNC Sport, and Solar Sports
- Channels in Europe: ESPN Sur, Fox Sports, Kayo Sports, Play Sports, beIN Sport, BT Sport, L’Equipe, DAZN, NOS, Sky Sports NZ, SuperSport, Eurosport, SPTV, Sportklub, XSPORT, Bleacher Report Live, TTV, OSN and Flow Sports
- Live streaming: FIH YouTube and Olympic Channel
Which countries are playing?
Here’s the draw for the Odisha Hockey World Cup 2018 :
- POOL A : Argentina, France, New Zealand, Spain
- POOL B : Australia, China, England, Ireland
- POOL C : Belgium, Canada, India, South Africa
- POOL D : Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Pakistan
When does it get serious?
Things start to get serious in the second week of December. The group stage runs from November 28 to December 9, then the cross-over matches begins on Monday, December 10, that is when the winners advance.
I only care about the final. When’s the final?
The Odisha Hockey World Cup 2018 Champion will be crowned on December 16. The final match is set to start at 7.00pm IST on Sunday, December 16 at the Kalinga Hockey Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India.
The World Cup 2018 schedule
The Hockey World Cup 2018 Schedule can be found here. Teams have been organized into four pools (A through D). You can check out the Hockey World Cup 2018 Squad Guide here. For all Hockey World Cup 2018 Live updates, follow us below: