The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, assisting the Strength and Conditioning Department with all aspects of all American University’s varsity strength and conditioning program.
- Responsible for assisting the Strength and Conditioning Department with the physical development for all American University sports teams. This individual will also work closely with the Athletic Training Staff in implementation of sport specific and gender specific injury prevention programs; make suggestions and coordinate the strengthening program with an emphasis on injury prevention and safe, timely and healthy recovery and rehabilitation for athletic related injuries.
- Oversees day to day management of weight room, records, and equipment under supervision of Strength and Conditioning Department and keeps all equipment, room, and records in good order. Reports any major concerns or need for equipment maintenance or repair to the Director of Athletic Performance.
- Provide instruction and supervision for selected American University sports teams and student-athletes assigned by the Assistant AD / Athletic Performance.
- Assist Assistant AD / Athletic Performance with the instruction and supervision of approximately 200 student-athletes.
- This position reports directly to the Assistant AD / Athletic Performance.
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Individual is expected to renew CPR certification annually.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Part time
- Commensurate with experience.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, exercise science, biomechanics or related field and certification in strength and conditioning (NSCA/CSCS or SCCC) required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn more about our health and safety directive.
- Click here to learn about American University’s unique benefit options.