🇲🇾 Malaysia Hockey : Malaysia Tigers play out a draw against Hampstead & Westminister H.C in their 3rd UK tour match
Photo Credit : Malaysian Hockey Confederation

The third action of the National Men’s Senior Squad in the 2021 United Kingdom Tour Series was against Hampstead & Westminister H.C which took place at Bisham Abbey National Sports Center ended with both teams drawing 5-5.

The 0-3 deficit in the first half did not dampen the spirit of the national squad to equalize through three field goals starting with the opening goal by Muhammad Najmi Farizal Jazlan in the 38th minute and followed by Muhammad Marhan Mohd Jalil’s goal two minutes later before Muhammad Azrai Aizad Abu Kamal changed the score to 3-3 in the 41st minute.

That scoreline, however, did not last long when Hampstead & Westminister H.C scored two goals each, one field goal and one through penalty corners in the 44th and 46th minutes to put them back in front.

However, three minutes before the actual time of the match, the national line-up doubled the pressure and two field goals were scored each in the 57th minute, a goal by Muhammad Firhan Ashaari and a minute later it was Mohamad Ashran Hamsani’s turn to make his name as the scorer and closed the match with a result. series 5-5.

Head Coach of the National Men’s Senior Squad, A Arulselvaraj described the opponent they met as a good team and the opponent of the national squad is also among the teams that will play in the Europa League this week.

“Although at one point the 0-3 position was in favor of the opponent, we managed to equalize the 3-3 position in the third quarter.

“The third quarter was a very good quarter where we scored all three goals in the quarter.

“However, in the fourth quarter, the mistake made allowed the opponents to score two goals, but we came up with an aggressive game to get two goals in the last minute of the match to equalize.

“This is a good match for the team to test our abilities after so long training in the online application (Zoom),” said Arulselvaraj.

The captain of the national team, who is also the second goal scorer for the match, Marhan Jalil praised the unwavering spirit of his teammates who remained resilient and rose to tie the score as well as determined to keep trying to find the first win.

“For today’s match, what we can be proud of is the spirit to fight as a team and I hope the spirit shown today will be carried over to the next match.

“We will continue to improve every thing that needs to be improved and will further increase the momentum of the match to find the first victory,” said Marhan Jalil.

The national squad will go down for the fourth action which is also the last action against the club status team, Beeston H.C on 2 October (Saturday) at 2.00 am Malaysian time.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here