Southern New Hampshire University’s traditional campus is seeking an Assistant Coach, Part Time.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Participate in the planning, organizing and execution of preseason and season practices. Assist in the monitoring of conditioning programs
- Provide input as to the evaluation of the athlete’s performance and progress. Evaluate opponents’ performance and scouting. Ensure the peak performance of athletes during games
- Participate in the recruitment of prospective student athletes
- Participate in planning for events including fund raising or other special functions
- Drive University Vans to and from practice, games, playoffs, and coaches meetings
- Additional duties can be assigned with discussion between the Head Coach, Director of Athletics and the Assistant Coach
- Attendance is required at the annual athletic awards banquet, any NE-10 conference meetings, any and all all-star balloting or voting meetings, and all SNHU Athletic Department meetings
The position, governed by the rules and regulations of the NCAA and of the Southern New Hampshire University, requires working with the Head Coach in all facets of the program. You must develop a working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. If you plan to recruit, you must successfully pass the NCAA Certification exam.
Per NCAA rule, a coach who is found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.
The Assistant Coach may be responsible for driving the team van to and from contests as well as pre-season practice or tournaments so a Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Collegiate college coaching experience preferred
- Knowledge, observance, and commitment to all rules and regulations of the College, NE-IO, ECAC, and NCAA