Bachelors Degree in kinesiology or physical education, or applicable degree. Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification.
Prior coaching experience can be substituted for required education. Proof of progress towards CSCS Certification may be considered as well.
Collegiate Level Coaching Experience.
Masters Degree in kinesiology or physical education, or applicable degree.
Function: Provide leadership, organization, and supervision for all aspects of both men’s and women’s athletic programs at Sul Ross State University to insure a competitive and successful program, following all NCAA Division III, American Southwest Conference and university rules and regulations.Scope: Coordinate all strength and conditioning workouts to increase competitive edge of all SRSU athletic programs.
- Provide strength and conditioning workouts for all student athletes
- Schedule practices for both in season and out of season programs
- Monitor all workouts
- Be knowledgeable of, and abide by, all university, NCAA Division III, and conference policies
- Prepare and manage strength and conditioning budget
- Order and maintain all equipment necessary
- Stay current with strength and conditioning developments in the profession
- Other Duties as assigned