Job Number: 11588UD
Date Posted: October 08, 2021
*Strength and Conditioning Coach – Men’s & Women’s Lacrosse
WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in
academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country,
holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West)
and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our mission and thrive on
professional development, a family-oriented environment, rich traditions and exceptional
The Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for establishing and maintaining a strength
and conditioning program for the Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse programs. The main goals of
the strength and conditioning program will be to improve athletic performance, reducing
athletic injuries, and teaching lifelong fitness and movement skills.
The Strength and Conditioning Coach devises training plans according to sound scientific
principles, supervises training sessions, evaluates athletes, maintains athlete records, and
teaches strength and conditioning exercises as needed. The Strength and Conditioning Coach
coordinates with the Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse Head Coaches to determine what the
athletes need to work on. If working with an injured athlete to engage in rehabilitation. The
Strength and Conditioning Coach will consult with the sports medicine or athletic training staff.
- Design and implement strength training and conditioning programs in-season, off-season,
and pre-season for all Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse student-athletes in a manner that
reflects research-driven practices.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for the strength and conditioning program
per NSCA Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards Guidelines.
- Develop systems for tracking athlete attendance and progress in conjunction with the
Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse Head Coaches.
- Conduct a needs analysis for each student-athlete and an overall one for the Men’s and
Women’s Lacrosse programs after the fall and spring semesters.
- BS in Kinesiology or related field.
- A current relevant professional certification credentialed by an independent accreditation
agency (The NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS®).
- Current standard first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external
defibrillation (AED) certification.
- A strong working knowledge of teaching skills in analysis and techniques of strength
- Experience and/or expertise in strength and conditioning programming for student-athletes
at various levels of skill and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Evidence of the ability to interact positively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the
- Evidence of strong organizational skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions.
- Knowledge of current NSCA Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards andGuidelines.
- Must know how to operate strength and conditioning equipment, automated defibrillator
(AED), and sports aid equipment.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental,
life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness
center; competitive leave programs; tuition for employees and their families; and matching
retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations