Location: Field Hockey
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of field hockey coaching experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Prior experience at NCAA Division I Field Hockey coaching experience.
- USA or other international accreditation/certification.
- Experience in video analysis i.e. SportsCode, Spiideo or the equivalent.
The Assistant Field Hockey Coach reports directly to the Head Field Hockey Coach. Position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the overall coordination and execution of the University’s NCAA I Field Hockey program including identifying and recruiting qualified student-athletes, practice and game preparation, coaching, and promoting an atmosphere of compliance within the program.
- Coaching: develop skills of student-athletes, assist in preparing and implementing practice plans. Organize, prepare, and conduct individual and team practice sessions to train and prepare for competition and instruct student-athletes in techniques of the sport.
- Serve as the lead domestic recruiter for program; develop and execute recruiting strategy for program. Responsible for identifying and evaluating domestic prospective student-athletes, coordinating all official and unofficial visits, managing databases, recruiting event schedules, etc.
- Student-Athlete Welfare: mentoring student-athletes and assisting in their personal development. Assist in the development and execution of the program’s leadership curriculum.
- Responsible for Compliance monitoring, submitting required weekly/monthly reports including recruiting activities, CARA logs, TeamWorks, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring academic metrics are met (e.g. GPA goals, APR, GSR). Liaison to Academic Counselor and maintaining academic integrity and ensuring students are staying on track for NCAA eligibility or to graduate.
- Assist with analyzing scouting reports on all opponents.
- Promote an atmosphere of compliance within the program through strict adherence to NCAA, ACC and university rules and regulations through monitoring of program activities, active involvement and commitment to continuous rules education, timely submission of compliance-related documents, and immediate reporting of any knowledge of potential rules violation involving self or others.
- Responsible for Field Hockey Alumnae relations including, but not limited to event planning, banquets, Alumnae recognition and assisting in newsletter.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
The Athletic Department is committed to creating equitable and inclusive campus environments that accelerate the success of the full range of our students and employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices, research agendas, and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of the increasingly diverse student populations we admit and hope to serve.
The Athletic Department encourages candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, will work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and will serve the increasingly diverse students we admit and want to attract.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status.