UW-Platteville is seeking an Assistant Strength and Conditioning coach to support our quest for athletics excellence across 16 intercollegiate sport programs. This role will report to the Head Strength and Conditioning coach and work in partnership with our Director for Sports Medicine and Performance to deliver on our goals of providing transformational student-athlete experience and building a culture of competitive excellence. Great benefits!
- Plan, conduct and evaluate effective strength and conditioning programs as assigned/requested in coordination with coaches and Head Strength and Conditioning Coach during the regular academic year. Sport assignments to be determined in partnership with the Head Strength and Conditioning coach.
- Plan, create and enhance summer strength and conditioning programs for current student-athletes in coordination with coaches and Head Strength and Conditioning Coach; this also includes the creation of a general physical preparation training plan for incoming student-athletes (freshman/transfers).
- Teach, model and reinforce proper, safe and effective strength and conditioning methods/movements for student-athletes and coaches during the regular academic year.
- Complete necessary continuing education units required by the National Strength and Conditioning Association to maintain Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification. Serve as an active participant in the Sports Medicine and Sports Performance Learning Laboratory professional development series
- Help to support the overall sport performance and wellness needs of student-athletes to include NCAA approved nutritional support. Actively support and promote participation in the Pioneer Leadership Institute holistic development program.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- NSCA CSCS
- Current First Aid, CPR, AED certification.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours.
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
Campus Information: The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master’s programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business.
The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin’s largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: December 3, 2021. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.