VCU Athletics seeks an Assistant Sports Performance Coach to provide the student-athlete with the tools to develop and optimize their athletic capabilities. Reporting to the Associate Athletic Director of Sports Performance & Student-Athlete Wellness, the Assistant Sports Performance Coach works to further VCU Athletics’ mission to win conference and national championships, provide a first-class student-athlete experience, serve as a source of pride for the University and community, and cultivate graduates who excel as leaders.
Typical Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum one (1) year experience at the NCAA Division l level;
- Strength & Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) through the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa) OR Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach (CSCS) through the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) certification;
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours which include nights, weekends and overnight travel;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a multi-tasking environment, with a strong sense of principles and ethics in regard to the welfare of student-athletes; and
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
- Preferred hiring standard – An advanced degree or training & experience equivalent to an advanced degree.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification; and
- Valid driver’s license.
Job Specific Physical and Cognitive Requirements
- Lifting > 50 lbs; pushing/pulling; standing; sitting; repetitive motion; walking; climbing; reaching; bending
- Extreme noise; extreme heat/cold; vibrations
- Fast paced; multiple stimuli; intense customer interaction; frequent change
- Memory; reasoning; hearing; reading; analyzing; logic; verbal/written communication
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000