Virginia Episcopal School seeks to fill the part-time position of Head Field Hockey Coach. This position is responsible for supporting the school’s mission and directing all aspects of our girls Varsity and Junior Varsity Field Hockey program. The candidate hired will be expected to work in support of Admissions and may take on responsibilities outside of coaching, including supporting Development, student/residential life or teaching, depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The Head Field Hockey Coach is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Engage young women at VES in the joy, exercise and learning experience of Field Hockey
- Create and implement clear standards and expectations of both coaches and players within the Field Hockey program aligned with and supportive of VES’s expectations of coaches and players
- Work closely with the Admissions Office to identify and recruit mission appropriate student-athletes
- Work closely with the Athletic Director to support the needs of this program
- Implement individual off-season and in-season skill development, including strength and conditioning
- Work closely with the assistant coaches on practice planning and execution and game preparation
- Ensure compliance with conference, VISAA and NCAA rules and regulations
- Recruit and evaluate coaches and support staff in conjunction with the Dean of Faculty and/or Athletic Director
- Participate in VES public relations activities, including field hockey website and video content development and updates for social media, interviews and speaking engagements, working closely with the Head of Marketing and Communications.
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for coaching middle, high school or college students
- Ability to establish excellent rapport with students and their families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma required; college degree strongly preferred