The incumbent will report to the Director of Athletics Performance and will work within a dynamic High Performance team developing athletic performance programs.
- Develop comprehensive athletic performance programs for collegiate athletes that address the specific demands (bioenergetic and biodynamic) of assigned sports.
- Collaborate with sport coaches and the High Performance team to optimize player health, wellness, development and performance.
- Operate sports performance monitoring tools and analyze performance data in accordance with departmental standards.
- Work closely with the sports medicine staff to optimize return to performance plans for injured athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) Accreditation
- Ability to define and reverse engineer sport demands.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic competency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Master’s degree in a related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience with athlete tracking and other monitoring systems/techniques.
- Experience working with multiple sports in a professional, collegiate or private sector setting.
- This position may require additional hours beyond the typical work week, to
include occasional overnight and weekend work as needed to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Frequent overnight travel during the week and on weekends on a monthly basis throughout the year.
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting indoors and frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Meet the physical requirements for the job, including the ability to participate in and lead strenuous physical activity.
- CPR Certification or obtained within six months of employment.
- Restricted position subject to the availability of funding.
- Maintain Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) Accreditation.