Dragflick Newsdesk : Four players could make their senior international debuts this weekend when England’s women take on Argentina in the FIH Hockey Pro League.
Darcy Bourne, Olivia Hamilton, Flora Peel and Martha Taylor have all been named in the women’s squad for England’s first games in the 2021/22 season.
Sophie Hamilton, Holly Hunt and Alex Malzer are also in line to make their England debuts having played for Great Britain previously. It is set to be a special weekend for Anna Toman and Hollie Pearne-Webb too, as they are due to make their 100th and 200th combined international appearances respectively.
Several players were unable for selection for both squads due to club commitments, injury and illness.
This will be the first time England’s women have competed in the FIH Hockey Pro League as they replace Great Britain this season.
England’s women will take on Argentina at 22.00 on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 February. All games will be shown live on BT Sport while live updates will be provided on the England Hockey Match Centres.
England Women’s Hockey squad :
- Giselle Ansley – HGC (Netherlands)
- Grace Balsdon – Hampstead & Westminster HC
- Darcy Bourne – Surbiton HC
- Esme Burge – Hampstead & Westminster HC
- Fiona Crackles – Wimbledon HC
- Olivia Hamilton – Loughborough Students HC
- Sophie Hamilton – Surbiton HC
- Sabbie Heesh (GK) – Surbiton HC
- Holly Hunt – Hampstead & Westminster HC
- Jo Hunter – Buckingham HC
- Alex Malzer – East Grinstead HC
- Hannah Martin – THC Hurley (Netherlands)
- Lizzie Neal – Canterbury HC
- Hollie Pearne-Webb (C) – Wimbledon HC
- Flora Peel – HDM (Netherlands)
- Ellie Rayer – East Grinstead HC
- Martha Taylor – University of Exeter HC
- Amy Tennant (GK) – Reading HC
- Anna Toman – SCHC (Netherlands)
- Laura Unsworth – East Grinstead HC